For an unknown reason surgery has been bumped to 1 or 2 PM...which means she will probably go in at 4 PM. IT is frustrating because they switched her applejuice at midnight and then at 6 AM they switched her to IV fluids only. And they had her off of food all day yesterday "just in case" they needed to operate yesterday.
Neurosurgery hasn't even come by to day to talk to me about what they are actually going to do. I don't know if they are #1)just going to clean out the fluid #2) remove the tubing and clean her out #3) remove he tubing and pump and clean her out
I understand that they may not know until they get in and try to tell if it is infected...but at least come by and tell me that.
I asked Infectious Disease if this infection was related to her spine surgery last year. They said it could be, but since she has been off antibiotics since March it is less likely.
And I still haven't met the new orthopedic surgeon. I think I will feel better once I meet him. It is just frustrating knowing that you are trusting your child's life in this Dr.'s hands and you haven't even met them.
As you can tell I am starting to complain, which if you read my previous post means that I am stressed.
1 comment:
Yes, neurosurgery should definitely have stopped by a long time ago to fill you in on the plan, and to meet the guy. Doesn't it just make you wonder what they are doing that is taking them away from coming to visit you and Ellie? I'm sure they are busy, and yet Ellie's pending surgery seems like a high priority...
Go have some tapioca. ;)
Post a Comment