Friday, October 11, 2013

New room

We finally moved out of ICU.

She is still in massive pain/withdrawal.

She developed a very small bed sore on her bum, w are keeping her off of it to try and get it to heal quickly.  I am trying to avoid wound team getting involved if at all possible.  They are not my favorite.  Her Primary Dr. is being OK with it for now, but if it gets worse she said we will have to call in wound team.

It is so hard being unable to help Ellie and take away her pain.  It gives me a glimpse of what Heavenly Father felt for Jesus when he was in so much pain in Gethsemane he plead with His Father "remove this cup (trial/pain) from me.  Nevertheless not my will, but thine be done".  God could not take away His pain, it had to happen in order that all mankind might return to live with him someday.

I also think Heavenly Father feels that for us in our trials.  Whether the trial was brought about by our own choice, or just by our circumstances.  He wishes he could take away our pain, but can see the beginning from the end and knows that all these things "shall be for our good".

I know that this surgery and all she is going through will help her in the end, but it is soooo hard seeing her struggle right now.

4 comments:

Jennifer Adams said...

I feel so sorry for both of you. I agree- it is very difficult to see your child in pain.

Author Jenny Flake Rabe said...

You are one amazing woman Mikael. I needed that testimony that you shared. Thank you for being so strong. She needs you so terribly. And people like me need to know of a woman that stays strong when thing get tough. Bless you :)

Chantel said...

This is a beautiful post Mikael.

Amy said...

Love your thoughts. I agree with Jennifer, "peachy", and Chantel.