She went into surgery at approximately 1:45.
I really don't know how long it is slated for. The communication on this surgery has been TERRIBLE. In fact, I haven't even met the orthopedic surgeon...and won't meet him until after he has operated. Which also means, he has never met Ellie. That is bad. I'm glad to know he cares about Ellie enough to come to her room and meet her.
Needless to say unless he REALLY impresses me...he WILL NOT be Ellie's ongoing orthopedic surgeon. I know it is going to be hard to live up to Dr. Klatt (he was our favorite and now he moved to Colorado). But I have never NOT met a surgeon before surgery. That is pretty bad in my book.
She will be going to PICU at least overnight.
3 comments:
I can't imagine not meeting a patient or her parents before surgery. Poor, poor people skills. Who went over the consent with you? I always consent my own patients.
One of the fellows or interns or residents or whoever went over the consent. I still thought the Dr. would stop by. I suppose I could have put my foot down and insisted on meeting him. But that should not be my responsibility. And sometimes you're just at the point that you just want it over with and have no more energy left to fight. But yes, I agree...Poor people skills.
Amen to the poor people skills. :/ As President Monson once said, "There is always TIME for kindness." And in this situation it would have been kind to spend the time to say hello. But let's try not to judge too harshly...you never know what someone is facing or dealing with.
Post a Comment