Monday, October 7, 2013

It's baaaaa...aaaack!

Her fever is back with a vengeance.  Tylenol has not brought it down.  Rags in ice water all aver her body has not brought it down.  Next will be a cool bath.

She has also been in pain and grinding her teeth.

Under her tongue looks swollen and raw.  I don't think it is self inflicted (from grinding her teeth) because her top teeth go over her bottom teeth.  I thought maybe it is an allergic reaction to the meropenum.  The intern came and looked at it (but of course he doesn't know anything, but pretends that he does), he will go talk with his attending.

Have I mentioned that I hate that this is a teaching hospital.  I know it's necessary in order to become a Dr.  But it is annoying as a patient (or patient's mother).

I have noticed several things about myself while in the hospital...when  start complaining it means I'm stressed.  When I ask for prayers it means I'm truly worried.

I do have to say I love NTU (Neuroscience trauma unit.)  I think the Nurses here are so knowledgeable and so nice.  The nurses really listen to me, believe what I say and pass it on to the Dr.'s.  If I ask for something they make sure it gets done immediately.  Nurses she has had previously will stop by and say hi and see how Ellie is doing.  They try and remember my name and are good at remembering to call Ellie, "Ellie"...instead of Eleanor (indicating to me that they know her).

1 comment:

Amy said...

Well, you're probably complaining and asking for prayers then my dear friend. And both of those are ok.

Sorry that your fever is back Ellie, and your pain too. :(

Mikael, I'm glad you bring up the good and the bad, and try to look at the bright side, regardless. Like when you said even though you hate that PCMC is a teaching hospital, you love how you have wonderful NTU nurses. That's keeping a great perspective.