Earlier tonight I spoke with her Dr. and they said nothing is growing yet from the CSF fluid (from the shunt). But then again even if there was something there it might not grow at this point because she has been on antibiotics. But the white and red blood cells look good, so they think
She said she looked into her past CRP numbers and her CRP now is higher than it was when she had her spine infection. I was shocked. The spine infection was BAD!!!!! They said yes, they are concerned.
They contacted Infectious Disease and they want to switch her Zocin (the new antibioitc) to meropenem. Meropenem covers CSF infections (if she has one). When she had her spine infection she was on meropenem and I never saw any outward signs, but her bloodwork showed her eosinophils were low so they thought she might be slightly allergic to it. They still want to put her on it.
They want to do a sedated MRI of her spine to see if they can see any infection. Even if it is not in the CSF, there could be a pocket of infection outside of the CSF.
Also they noticed that one of her feet was cold and one was hot...they asked if this happens at home, I said sometimes. They said it could be a blood clot.
1 comment:
Ooh, I hope it's not a blood clot. When my husband thought he had one, and he was reading up on them, they sounded pretty scary.
Post a Comment