She had good vitals during the night. Her heartrate was actually down below 100. Repirations and oxygen were good. Her blood pressure was even down a bit (it was high 2 nights ago and all day yesterday).
They only gave her regularly scheduled doses of baclofen every 6 hours (other than the 1 dose I posted about earlier).
Her PICC line is in kind of a bad spot because it is a little bit on the back of her arm which will be resting on the mattress when she is laying down or on the wheelchair when she is sitting up, so that means we will have to be super conscious of it not getting bedsores from pressure.
She slept the whole night (probably due to anesthesia).
She is WIDE awake this morning. I mean WIDE awake. Her eyes are huge. The PICU Dr.'s think it may have to due with not getting the intrathecal (into her spinal fluid) baclofen. They think it may have been making her sleepy. Maybe we will like not having the baclofen pump?!?!??!?!?!?!?
Her arms are tighter than normal. They may give her an extra dose of baclofen now and then raise her regularly schedule dose.
These Dr.'s have stopped by already this morning PICU, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Infectious Disease...we are only missing the Rehab Dr.'s.
And I really liked the Orthopedic Surgery Dr. again. I think I will keep him.
Now that she is awake her heart rate and respirations have jumped up. We gave her some pain meds.
The Orthopedic surgeon said they gave her quite a bit of local anesthesia in the wounds to numb the areas. He said that lasts about 8 hours, so that has probably worn off.
1 comment:
Good news!!! You have truly been watched over sweet Miss Ellie. That's great that almost all of your doctors have stopped in already today. That will keep your wonderful mom happy too. :)
Keep on the mend!
Post a Comment