Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pus

Her procedure is done.  They were not able to get much out.  They were trying to pull out some of the fluid they saw by the baclofen pump tubing.

They sedated her.  They tried with a smaller needle and a larger needle and were not able to get much out.

But it was OBVIOUSLY pus.  Which means obviously infection.  The radiologist thinks it was from her rods.

They did not try sampling up higher on her spine where they thought they might have seen some more fluid.

I don't know whether to be happy or sad about the infection.  I have a feeling it is opening a BIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG can of worms.  On the other hand it is nice to have an answer.

3 comments:

As Molly Turns... said...

I am glad we have answers. Though I am not happy with the answer they have found. Hugs and love.

The Brown Family said...

I hope that they can formulate a plan now.

Amy said...

Be happy. Now the doctors can take a definitive plan of action and you and Ellie can be that much closer to going home.