Monday, October 14, 2013

More Fevers and a clogged PICC line

She is still having a fever every few hours.

One good thing about having a PICC line is they can pull her blood from it for tests and whatnot, so they don't have to keep poking her.  But this morning it was clogged and they could pull back on it.  So they put some TPA (anticlotting stuff) into it and let it sit for a while.  Now it works again.  Whew!  That's all we need is a bad PICC line.

She is a little more awake today.

She is talking, and it seems like happy talking.  (It is a sound from her throat, not words...just in case you were thinking a miracle had been performed.)  This will be day 3 of doing this.  She does it pretty much all day long.  Since it is unusual...I worry that it may be pain or something else, but it sounds happy.

We are going to stop her regularly scheduled oxycodone today and go to a PRN (as needed) basis.

She is not as junky (congested) this morning.

Her VRP (snot) came back negative for everything.  So she probably does not have a respiratory virus.  Whew!

I think she looks a little better today.


4 comments:

As Molly Turns... said...

Glad she is looking better today. Give her my love!

Joanne said...

We'll take all the "better" we can get! Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Amy said...

SO glad the PICC line isn't bad. I remember you saying Ellie has had some bad ones in the past.

Happy chattering, that's gotta be good right?! I'll take it. Loved your joke in the post. We need a little "comic relief" to break up all the drama. ;)

SUPER glad she doesn't have a respiratory virus.

Keep healing Ellie. You can do it.

mstans said...

She has never had a bad PICC line...just IV's