He said he only saw infection along the baclofen pump tubing tract. He looked along the spine from L2-L5 (so way down low). Her rods and spinal fusion are from T3 to pelvis (basically her entire back).
He did not see any infection along the spinal column or the rods or anywhere else. He left 2 drains in to drain any fluid. One in the infected spot (the baclofen pump tract). He saw another space, but it had no fluid or puss or anything in it. This is where he left the second drain. The drains will stay in for a few days and then be pulled out. She will not need to go back to the OR to pull out the drains and the holes will not need to be stitched up...they are very small drains and the holes will close on their own.
He said her spine and hardware look nice and solid.
I will not need to follow up with him unless I see signs of infection or have other orthopedic surgery needs.
1 comment:
Hahaha! Love this line, "So I met the new Orthopedic Surgeon at 4 PM. And dang it...he was really nice." Well, GOOD. I'm glad he was.
Seems like he was thorough, and proactive for "just in case" too. Hmm. I guess let's see what happens now.
Post a Comment