Friday, October 11, 2013

Rough start

More pain/withdrawal/crying/moaning this morning.

Her tongue is swollen...I thought at first it was possibly an allergic reaction to the meropenum.  But after talking with the Dr.'s they think it is from forcing the oral airway into her mouth last night when she coded.

The sore on her head along the shunt tubing looks improved to me...not completely healed, but improved.

Since treating this infection she has peed on her own 4 or 5 times!  This is great!  She has not peed on her own AT ALL for about 3 months.  I hope it continues to improve.

She is slightly pink on her left side (where the baclofen pump tubing ran under he skin)...I hope it's OK and not more infection.

Her left eye is puffy due to the IV fluids.  It takes her about 3 days off of IV fluids for her body to absorb the fluids when she gets puffy.

She had 1 more desaturation seizure at 4:45 this morning.  It lasted about 30 seconds to 1 minute and she dropped into the low 80's.  They did NOT press the code button this time.  (I don't think she turned blue this time either though).


1 comment:

Amy said...

Sorry for the rough start Ellie-Girl. Might be another tough day. Great news on 4-5 wet briefs, though. Keep it up.