So yes, she did end up in PICU. I don't know why they took her to PACU (post-op recovery) they normally go right to PICU. There was miscommunication between all of her Dr.'s she ended up in the wrong place. This has been the most disjointed hospital stay with the worst communication.
An hour and a half after surgery she woke up for a few hours. Had some shivering (withdrawal). Now she is getting her meds and going to sleep.
Since she is hard to read her communication I am afraid to go to sleep tonight because I am afraid they will be missing her cues. I'm sure I will go to sleep eventually, but right now I'm nervous. PICU will be better than on the floor however because at least the nurse is 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 and are basically in the room with her all of the time.
I do love the new PICU hospital rooms. They are roomy and actually have room for the wheelchair and storage for parents and child's things. And they now let a parent sleep in the room (they didn't used to let a parent stay if you were in ICU). It is much much much better. The weird thing is they don't let any visitors (other than parents) come between 6:30 and 8 PM or AM. Those are prime visiting hours.
5 comments:
when can visitors come?
I hope the night is a little better for you and her. Praying for you all.
Visitors can come from 8 AM until 630 PM and then again from 8 PM until 9 PM (But Ellie is already asleep by then as I'm sure a lot of kiddos might be)
Glad the surgery went well. Try to relax yourself and get some solid rest. Even if it's just for a few hours here and there.
I want to come visit you and Ellie on Thursday morning. Shooting for the 9am-10am hour. Want me to bring you anything from home? or the store? or someplace else?
Post a Comment