Saturday, August 6, 2011

Vecta

 Ellie awake and alert and staring at the Vecta

I took her mask off for a minute so you can see how good she looks.


The red thing on the right is the vecta.  You can see it is a bubbling tube of water with balls in it.  The color morphs to different colors.  You can hook a switch up to it so she could turn it off and on.  You can have the color stay one color.  But she loves color morphing toys...they are her favorite.  It has mirrors all around it.  Maybe she needs an aquarium?!?!?!  The Vecta has some other snazzy things (that we don't use) like fiberoptic cables that light up that you can drape across the person, a projector which shows fish swimming on the ceiling or wall, a CD/MP3 player with speakers.  It's great.  I at least need to get the bubbling tube.


 Here you can see how it morphs to different colors.

The projector and CD player (on back of machine).

The fiber optic cables.

Here is the information for my own future reference...Vecta Distraction Station.   www.tfhusa.com    1-800-467-6222.

I also needed to write down the info for the bair hugger (the warm air blanket like an air hockey table)  I am going to get one of those too.  Bair hugger warming unit.  Model 505.  By Augustine Medical.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

That's great that Ellie is feeling better now. I have a dumb question, is Ellie blind? I thought most of her senses were reduced, so the posting about the vecta (which looks really cool and I pretty Robert would stare at it for hours) caught me off guard. I wish you both the best and that both of you can return home soon.

M. Stans said...

Ellie is considered legally deaf and legally blind. But she can see and hear. Her hearing is better than her vision. Her vision is improving over time. Her vision is peripherally (she really can't see anything right in front of her). So that makes it hard for her to track across midline. But she can do it, it is just delayed. She prefers red and yellow and bold/bright colors with high contrast.

Amy said...

That Vecta is a really cool toy. I hope you can get one for her at home.

She does look really good! That is a great picture of her without her mask. Her progress is really visable.

M. Stans said...

It's hard for me to see the visible progress because I'm with her every day. So that's good to hear. I will tell her.