Monday, August 8, 2011

Summary

Here is a summary of today...

She was off her bipap mask and on a nasal canula for 4 hours this morning.   She did great.  No signs of fatigue. They put her back on the mask at 14/7 (her home settings) for 4 hours to let her recover.

Then they took her off the mask for 3 more hours.  This time on room air.  She did great.  No desats.  Heartrate and respirations were a "skosh" high.  She started pulling in at her neck (like trying to suck in more air).  Not badly, but a little.  So they put her back on her mask at 3 hours instead of 4.

Tonight her heartrate is a little high.  Her temp was a little high (but she had 2 blankets on).  So I don't know if it is the temp or if she is fatigued or if the settings are not high enough so it is stressing her out.  She is hopefully going to sleep now.

I found out a fantastic thing that they carry here in the hospital that I never knew before...earplugs!  So I got a pair for tonight.  I also have from home an eye mask to sleep in.  A girl needs her beauty sleep you know!

Overall I would say it was a great day.  They are going to do another x-ray in the morning.  She still sounds decreased on the left side.

I (and probably we) are really sick of being here.  It was fun to play hospital for a few days...but it is really getting old!  I am hopeful that sometime this week we might make it home.  I am getting lots of digital scrapbooking done though!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good day for Ellie. I'm sure she's tired. She didn't get much sleep last night, and she's been working hard at breathing on her own for a lot of the day. (Reminds me of training Mikael. Lots of different variables.)

Ear plugs are great! You are right. No wonder you are so beautiful! You use a sleep mask! Huh, how 'bout that ;o

Can't wait to see your new scrapbook pages!

I hope you can come home soon too. I just know Ellie is going to have a BIG smile on her face when she rolls in your front door!

Amy said...

I stand corrected. Skosh is a real word, and you even spelled it right, and are using it correctly.

Humble pie anyone?