I am worried that perhaps we may have extubated a bit prematurely. After they would do her vest treatments during the night she would drop her sats into the high 70's low 80's (bad). She never did that while being intubated. Also as she is exhaling she does a little push or grunt at the end. Like it hurts her or she is struggling a little bit. (This is with the mask on).
After she breathed on her own with the nasal canula yesterday her breath sounds sounded diminished. (Couldn't take as good of breaths...like the lungs weren't open as much as they were before). I think she'll be fine, but I know she is not going to like wearing that mask all day.
The good news is they are sucking out a ton of junk.
Otherwise during the night she was stable. Good BP even.
When I checked on her this morning before shift change her heartrate was up a bit (110). She is only getting tylenol. Yesterday they did away with the Toradol (IV pain med) because it can affect kidney function and where she was retaining so much fluid they didn't want that interfering. I might have to ask them about pain management today.
The nurse said she continued to urinate after the lasix wore off. But her fluids are still positive so they may give her another dose of lasix this morning. She doesn't look nearly as puffy as she did yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment