Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Significantly improved

She did not sleep at all last night.  Tonight we might try melatonin if she has problems again.

The x-ray they did this morning looks good.  Much much better than it was.

The Dr.'s said form listening to her she sounds "significantly improved" especially on the left side that has sounded diminished.  Still not 100%.  But "significantly improved" is significantly improved!!!

The plan for today is to do 3 hours off bi-pap 3 hours on. Then repeat.

When on bi-pap we will try to do her home settings (whether awake or asleep).

We will also get her up in her wheelchair for at least 10-20 minutes several times today if she tolerates it.

I have got to get out of this hospital or I am going to go bezerk, bonkers, nuts, crazy!  I am going to take my kids to the little train park (you can ride on these model trains) by my Mom's house and have a picnic.  It will work out well because that is one of the goals I had to do this summer.  Then the only other ones left to try and accomplish are
#1)  Stay-cation to provo (stay in a hotel, go to 7 peaks, timpanogus, etc...)
#2)  Go to the little classic waterslides in Riverdale.  I haven't been since I was a little girl.
#3)  Go to pineview and use Ellie's new inflatable raft (I might have to be okay if this one doesn't happen...I am running out of summer...plus I don't think Ellie will up to it and it is HER raft)
#4)  Finish refinishing Ellie's bedroom furniture.  (I am done with the dresser and bed, now I just have the armoire left)
#5)  Finish remodeling bathroom

Whatever doesn't get done...doesn't get done and it will be fine.  No big whoop-de-do!

The things I did get done were...
#1)  Refinish Ellie's dresser and bed
#2)  Make strawberry jam for the first time
#3)  family camping trip (cut short by this hospital stay...but oh well)
#4)  Ragnar
#5)  Ellie's surgery
#6)  spend time with family and friends
#7)  Bathroom ripped out



1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay for significantly improved!!!
Looks like it might not be much longer... Don't go crazy. You have to wait until you're old to do that. ;)

Good list on things done, and fun things left to do. Good luck!