After a very fun visit from my dear friend Amy I came home to go to Jason's work party. Ellie was very bummed she didn't get to go.
Dr. Maloney thought maybe we should try leaving the epap (which is like peep---it is the constant pressure to keep her lungs open) alone and lowering the ipap (the pressure delivered with each breath). So that's what we did...at about 4 PM we went from 17/10 to 16/10. It is a tiny baby step.
I called at 8:30 PM and she was doing great. Her respirations and heartrate were good. She had only desatted when they suctioned. And they hadn't raised the settings back up because she was doing good on them.
She was quite awake for probably half of the day. She slept off and on, but overall it probably added to half of the day. She seemed kind of irritated with her mask today, she kept wiggling her bottom lip out of it by smacking her lips.
They have had to turn up the humidity on the mask because her nose and mouth were getting really really dry. They look much better today. But you have to wipe out the inside of her mask every hour or two because of the condensation.
I am spending the night at home. It makes me nervous being so far away. Of course they will take great care of her. But it is still nerve-wracking.
As I was getting the kids in bed tonight...I felt like I should be getting Ellie ready for bed too. It was very lonely.
2 comments:
Ah, that's sweet and sad about you feeling like you should be getting Ellie ready for bed, and feeling lonely. I've felt like that too, when one of my kids isn't home (because they're at Grandpa's) and it's bed time.
Glad Dr. Maloney's idea worked. He was very nice.
It was really nice and fun to come visit you and Ellie, Mikael. I'm super glad I came. She was looking great that day. I'm glad she's progressing, even if by baby steps. ;)
Thanks for coming! Too bad I ate all of the tapioca in the whole hospital!
Post a Comment