When I talked to the neurosurgery nurse before the surgery she told me she would have to be flat on her back in the hospital from Wed-Sat.
But then neurosurgery came by this morning and said she could go home today!!!!
I'm confused, but excited.
They still have to do x-rays of the baclofen pump placement. But really that is it.
Of course it will still take until probably 2 or 3 this afternoon (more than likely). But we'll take it. THe only unfortunate thing is that I will not get nearly the digital scrapbooking done that I had anticipated. In fact I probably won't get any done.
Child life (people that bring toys and crafts and things to cheer up the kids) brought some lotion and some light up toys for her.
She is awake and alert this morning. If you don't know Ellie well, you probably wonder why I always say awake and alert (thinking that they are the same thing). But for Ellie they are not the same. Sometimes she is awake, but not really with you. She just kind of zones out especially to avoid pain or if you are making her do something she doesn't want to do. It is her defense mechanism.
1 comment:
She must have felt good after her surgery if she was alert and awake. She was ready to play. :)
Post a Comment