Monday, July 18, 2011

"Baby you're a firework"

So we went and saw the WSU fireworks last night.  They were awesome!  Like always!

From the moment we put Ellie in the wheelchair to walk up there (about 4 blocks away)  She wanted to get out. We laid her down on a blanket as soon as we got there.  But she was still crying through a lot of the fireworks.  I had brought pain meds (Ibuprofen) so I gave it to her.  She also did not like the ride home.  Granted it was a little bumpy.  But I think #1) she just doesn't like her wheelchair right now (I think it must hurt to sit up)   #2)   It was way past her bedtime and she loves going to bed and does not like to stay up past her bedtime (Usually).

Today she is as happy as a clam.  Just laying down.  Doin' nothin'.  Isn't that the way we all wish we cold spend our summer?!?!?!  (As a side note how happy are clams really?)

2 comments:

Chantel said...

We miss living close so we could see the fireworks. We usually just watched them from our back yard. We almost drove to the old house anyway. The renters probably would have thought we were crazy when we pulled up and sat on the lawn. In the end, I was too tired and sound asleep before they even started.

Amy said...

How many kids like going to bed at their bedtime and not staying up late?! You are so lucky. I guess it can be a disadvantage though when you are out and about and can't get her to bed ontime.

Least she is happy as a clam, which I understand they are some of the most cheerful animals! j/k