So tonight I realized we were 10 days out from surgery and I was supposed to get her stitches out at 10 days. And I hadn't done it. I really didn't want to wait until Monday because one time on stitches with (A) the scabbed over and had to rip the scab off to get to the stitches.
I took out somebody's stitches before (I can't remember whose?!?!?!) So I decided to do it myself.
Here is a before picture. Notice the large bruise on the bottom right. No wonder she doesn't want to sit up!!! I hadn't seen the bruise because she had a large bandage covering everything.
Up close of the bruise.
Her stitches. I lost track when I was counting...10-15?!?!?
After I took the stitches out (with a little dried blood).
She sat up for about an hour yesterday and an hour today and seemed to do fine. Today we drove to Grandma's and she also did fine. But we laid her down the whole time she was there.
2 comments:
What a brave girl! That is a huge incision. Glad there was no infection, you must have taken really good care of her and her wound :)
YOu are so brave Mikael! I would never...
Post a Comment