Saturday, July 30, 2011

Stuff

So...the Dr.'s just rounded on her...let's see...

They are starting Lasix (medicine to make her urinate).  She is getting puffy from the IV fluids and she is having more fluids in than out.  "Better out than in is what I always say" (spoken in a scottish accent).  Name the movie.

They think that it will help her BP also.

The x-ray looks perhaps slightly improved.  But x-rays always lag a day or two behind physical signs.  So she will look/act better before it shows up on x-rays.

She is down to 10 on her dopamine.

I asked them to start regularly schedule pain meds.  Because she seemed to perk up last night after the morphine.  They are just going to do tylenol for now because morphine could potentially lower BP.

They are going to start a suppository (like she gets at home).  Since this will be day 3 with no poop.  They said you don't usually poop as much when you're just on IV fluids.

They are going to start doing the vest 2 times a day (like we do at home).  Hopefully she can tolerate it.  It will help loosen everything up.  I haven't been doing it for the last week and a half since surgery because of her huge bruising.  I'm sure that, in addition to laying down a lot more than normal, contributed to her getting this pnemonia.

All cultures are still negative for any growth.  I am very frustrated by this.  I want answers.  What is this?  How did she get it?  What is the best meds to get rid of it?

They are giving her strong, broad spectrum antibiotics which should be killing any bacteria in there.  But sheesh...how can nothing grow?  Obviously there is something there.

They might still do a spontaneous breathing trial.  Turn off the machine but leave the tube in her mouth and see how she does.  But ideally they would like her BP to be better before they do.

They might start her feeds up this afternoon.  That's always a good/big step on the road to recovery.

She is awake and semi-alert.

Her nose has been sweating today.  Is that weird or what?  Just her nose.  Not her forehead or anything else, just her nose.

I think that's about it for now.  Waiting game...fun...fun...

No comments: