Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Surgery today!!!

I am off my game today!

Yesterday They called and told me that we were supposed to check in at 9 and scheduled for surgery at 11.  So they wanted me to stop her formula at Midnight and stop her clear liquids at 8:00 AM.  I said "Really?"  We are usually the first case because of her hypoglycemia.  So we usually check in at about 6 AM or so.  The nurse on the phone said she would check for me.  I said "It's okay if she's later, but then can we keep her feeds going until 2 or 3?"  She said she would check.

She called back and said to stop feeds at 2:30 and stop clears at 8:30.  And the check in time was still 9 AM and the surgery was scheduled for 10:30.  I was ok with that.

So I was supposed to stop her formula at 2:30 (she is on a feeding pump with continuous feeds 24 hours a day or as much as possible), well I fell asleep last night and didn't set an alarm...I woke up at 3:44.  I hurried and jumped out of bed and switched to gatorade.  We'll see what the nurse says.

Anyway we are here checking in.  I need to check her blood sugar (I will call it BG for Blood Glucose) to make sure she is doing OK.  So far she is awake and alert today.

When I got to Primary's I ran up to the 3rd floor (Forever Young Zone) to print off her medications and hospitalizations and diagnosis list that I have.  I found an awesome discovery.  I have written several suggestions to Primary's that they need a larger (adult size) changing table.  They have a hydrolic one at their Riverton Location and it is awesome.  And PCMC SLC now has one!!!!!  It is on the third floor just south of the forever young zone.  I am sooo excited.  It is nearly impossible to change her on the tiny counters in the other bathrooms, so then you end up doing it in the doctor's exam rooms and stink up the place.  Anyway I'd like to think that my suggestions had a part in the improvement!!!

No comments: