She has been awake the last half of today. (Since giving her morphine). Fever has come down. BP is back up to good numbers. BP meds were stopped several hours ago. O2 has been 96-98% (great). They have weened the amount of o2 they are giving her to 30%. They said they wanted her at 30% before they weened the peep. Peep is at 6.
They will try her on spontaneous trial either tonight or in the morning. I just paged the nurse to see what they are doing about her night meds. ie: sleeping pill. If they are going to try her on a trial I don't think they should give the sleeping pill. If they are going to wait until tomorrow to do the trial then she needs the sleeping pill to get a good nights sleep.
I am thoroughly impressed with the improvements she has made within the last 24 hours. I thought we were going to be here for a good long time. But I don't think it will be more than a few more days.
So far all cultures are not growing anything at all. What?
I have asked several of the Dr.'s/residents/fellows/etc...if this was just a virus or bacteria, or if she aspirated fluid (like bypassing her nissen----so food from her tummy into her lungs), or if it was an infection from the recent surgery. I can't get any answers. THey don't have any answers. THe most recent Dr. thought if I hadn't seen food in her mouth and she hadn't been vomitting previously that it woud be unlikely that it would be from her tummy. That make sense to me. Because when her nissen failed before I did see milk in her mouth even though I was feeding her by g-tube. THat has not been happening. They said it could be saliva that she aspirated. I don't think so. She handles her secretions really well.
No comments:
Post a Comment