It showed some improvement in the ventricles, but not as much as the first few days.
Her regular neurosurgeon is back today.
There is some fluid outside of her brain. It is bloody fluid from her brain pulling away from her skull. He thinks this is stopping the ventricles from being able to get any larger. So he is going to put 2 drains in to drain the bloody fluid (bilateral subdural drains). The subdural drains will be two tubes (one on each side of her head) that drain into bags outside of her body. There is the possibility that this won't work. The neurosurgeon said the space could be filled in with webs or be more solid instead of fluid, that would require more extensive surgery. But he hopes (and thinks) that it is fluid.
I told you in a previous post that my hand drawn pictures were not very accurate (because I must have been in shock when I was shown them), so here are my more accurate ones. (I gave her too much brain matter before).
She is scheduled to go in to surgery at 3 or 4. I am nervous, but hopeful that this will work.
The Dr. said that he guesses it will take a week for the bloody fluid to drain.
No comments:
Post a Comment