Monday, July 22, 2013

Done with surgery

Done with surgery.  I have talked with neurosurgeon.  I have not seen her yet.

He thinks he got 90% of the bloody fluid from the right side (it shot out of her head).  The left side he had a little more trouble with.

He said we will leave the EVD at the same level (it is at 23 for today).  The depending on what the scan shows we will raise it to 25 tomorrow.

We will do a repeat CT in the morning.

He said he is glad we did this, he thinks it will help.

I am worried about that left side.  He said if there are "webs" grown there they can fix it...but it is a more extensive surgery.  I don't know if they will think it is worth it or not...or if they can get it "good enough" without that side being inflated as much.

We will just have to wait and see what the CT scans show over the next week or so.

This is always a nervewracking time for me (waiting to see her) she takes FOREVER to wake up from anesthesia. (Like 4 or 5 hours).  They usually let me see her after an hour or so.

No comments: