Saturday, July 27, 2013

Drain is gone

They came and pulled out her subdural drain and stitched up the hole (all done in her room).

I asked if surgery is Monday and all goes well, when could we go home?  They said Tuesday.  I will try not to get my heart set on it...but that would be great.

Her left eye was really puffy yesterday.  I thought she was just holding onto her IV fluids from surgery.  But today it is turning yellow...it is going to bruise.  The nurse says that happens when they do surgery on the skull.  So probably because they drilled that 1 inch diameter piece of skull out.  The nurse said plastic surgery patients come out with black and blue eyes...even if they didn't operate on that part of the face.

Here is a picture of her eye (ignore the rats nest on top of her head).  It is looking a touch better from 3 hours ago when she woke up.  At that time she couldn't even open her eye a slit it was so swollen.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Please give her hugs from Grandma.