They shaved part of her head (I wasn't expecting this). I guess they just prepped her in case they decided to pull the whole shunt out and have the tube come directly out of her head rather than her belly. I knew they would have to shave it next week or whenever they do the new shunt...I just wasn't expecting it today.
This is where the tubing comes out of her belly.
The tubing goes into this device that measures how much fluid comes out. Right now they have the device level with her belly, and they will raise it several centimeters each day. This will make it harder for the fluid to drain out and hopefully it can build back up in her brain.
All of her vitals look good right now. She is breathing on her own and needing no oxygen. Her respirations (Breaths per minute ) are very slow and shallow, but she is still coming out of anesthesia. She is tired and doesn't seem to be in pain.
1 comment:
*Siiiggggghhhhh!* Sounds like the actual surgery went well. What a tremendous blessing!!
Hey Ellie! Glad you are ok!! Maybe you can start a new trend with your hairstyle!! Love ya!
Post a Comment