Saturday, July 20, 2013

Continued improvement

The CT yesterday showed continued improvement.  The neurosurgeon on call for the weekend said it may take a month for the ventricles to reinflate...I hope not...that is a long time.

She did not sleep well last night...she was not unhappy or anything, just awake alot.

She had a good day today.  She got a bed bath and was happy and awake.

They really don't want her going 12 hours without cathing...but I really don't want to wake her up.  So far they are doing it my way.  I know that it is not ideal.  I am thinking of saying if she wakes up on her own, then you can cath her.  That seems fine while we are in the hospital...but does not solve the problem while we are at home.  I hope injecting the antibiotics into her bladder at night will help.

I also googled it and saw that some people inject a saline mixed with a liquid neosporin into their bladder at night.  This sounds promising.  You don't run the risk of antibiotic resistance, but it still kills the bad bacteria in the bladder.  I will have to talk to Dr. Murphy about it.


No comments: