She slept a lot of the night, but was awake a few times.
I made a new consolidated schedule with the nurse because they were coming in WAAAAYYYYY too much during the night. For example they were changing her feeding pump bag at midnight every night. And it wasn't even in conjuction with doing her vitals or anything. Come on people. Sleep is important to healing and to sanity.
A few years ago there was an article in Readers Digest (Yes, I am that old) of a Father spending the night in the hospital with his son. The Father got sick of people coming in during the night so he put a dresser in front of the door to block people.....tempting, very tempting.
So they were only supposed to come in at 10 and 2, but they still came in more than that. I am going to have to get firm tonight.
She is awake and doing well this morning. The enlarging of her ventricles does not seem to be affecting her negatively. If anything she feels better, she was smiling yesterday.
They raised her EVD another 2 CM this morning and they will do another CT scan tomorrow (Fri) morning.
1 comment:
I dare you to put the dresser in front of the door, and put a sign on it that says, "Is it 10pm or 2am? Then Scram!" Hahahaaa!
Love Ellie's smile. Glad she showing it off :)
Post a Comment