Thursday, July 18, 2013

So mad

Urology didn't come by yesterday.  So I thought I was mad at them.  But I have redirected my frustration towards neurosurgery.

Come to find out this morning...Neurosurgery has not written orders for a consult.  The orders should have been written on Tues.  But no...none were ever written!

Neurosurgery is driving me batty. 

I am sure they are great at what they do...in the OR.  But they are not my favorite to have in charge during a hospital stay.

It would just be nice #1) if they would listen...If I want a urology consult...don't pretend like they're the urology expert and act like that is an unreasonable request #2) if they would pretend like they care...don't walk in the room and say "how is she doing"...I say "fine"...and then walk out of the room ...spend 30 seconds with your patient #3) call her Ellie, not Eleanor...so it at least appears like you know your patient #4) Do what you say you are going to do...like writing orders for a urology consult #5) follow-up...if urology didn't come by...follow up and see why




3 comments:

alligood said...

I completely agree about NS being a bit overconfident. I've had to go over their heads MANY times because they felt like they could manage Matt when I KNEW Endocrine should be VERY involved. I find the surgeons themselves to be fantastic. Dr.Walker always takes me seriously and I love watching him slap down the NS fellow. But it's the fellows and residents who are just SO cocky!

Jennifer Adams said...

Agreed. Good job on following up and staying on top of things. I think you should get paid the "big bucks"!

Amy said...

All valid points! I concur. Hmm, does the hospital have a "suggestion box"?