Results of the CT...The right subdural drain (the one that was draining like crazy) was actually into the ventricle (not just the subdural space) and was draining the ventricle that we have been building back up over this last week. They removed that drain in her room earlier today. (This was also the side that the neurosurgeon felt like he got 90% of the fluid out in the OR.) So probably most of the bloody fluid is gone.
The left ventricular drain wasn't draining much. So they flushed it from the "hub" to the drain bag (not into her). It seems to be draining better now. It must have had a clot or something in the line.
She has been awake most of the day. I think she is feeling a little run down from surgery yesterday. Not in a ton of pain however. We gave her pain meds once.
The original EVD in her ventricle (her shunt) is not draining now...which is good...we want the ventricle filling up with fluid.
1 comment:
Nooo!! Oh, I'm sorry. Blast!
Well, most of the the bloody fluid is gone, and now the left side is doing it's thing too, so that's good.
I'm glad you're not in a ton a pain Ellie, but yeah, I don't blame you for being run down. Keep your chin up. You're going to make it!!
Post a Comment