Thursday, July 25, 2013

Sleep

She slept from 6:30 PM until 3:30 or 4:00 that's good.  I would call that a good night's sleep.  No drops in oxygen.

She is awake so far today.

Heartrate is back up a bit.  It was looking so good for a few days (down into the 80's and 90's) but it is back up to the 115ish range.  It's OK.

No high temps yet this morning.

We got quite a bit of urine out with her cathing so far this morning...yea.

No pain yet today.

So maybe she doesn't have an infection.  Hallelejah.

I am fairly certain they will pull out the left subdural drain today...it is not draining ANYTHING.

She has another CT scheduled for this morning.

Her neurosurgeon said he could go in and put in new subdural drains tomorrow (Fri) if he needs to.  And he is hoping to internalize the shunt (Put her new shunt with new tubing...all inside of her) on Monday.

I told him not to rush...that we wanted to get this as good as we could.

I asked him if he got 90% of the fluid out on the right in the OR, then what is showing up on CT?  (Because it still looks like there is fluid there).  He said he doesn't know.  He said maybe he got a pocket and then another pocket filled it back in.  He is not sure.

No comments: