Saturday, September 1, 2012

Waiting in the ER

Last night we couldn't get her fever below 97 (which is still warm for her). It started out at 101. This morning (which was only 3 hours later---because we stayed up until 2 trying to get her cooled down) it was back at 99 F.

So here we are in the ER at Primary Children's. We got here a little before 7:30 AM. Her temp was around 97 (it was cold outside and in the van on the way here). So they might think I'm crazy saying she has a fever and then it's 97 (which is cold normally, but not for Ellie). 97 is still a fever for her, but it is better than 99 or 101.

Oh, and I got pulled over on the way here. The power was out in South Ogden and I didn't stop at a dead stop light. I knew better, but didn't do better. I didn't get a ticket or warning however, just a lesson from the police officer. Whew! I'm not sure what I was thinking. The car in front of me in the other lane didn't stop, so I think I just followed suite. Who knows. Anyway, I'm grateful for no ticket.

No comments: