To summarize: Increased discharge, see Dr. Thur, fever gone?, increased pain, increased pain meds, sleeping all day from pain meds.
I called the Dr. He said the drainage didn't bother him, bu the redness did. The nurse said he might have to back in to the OR and "clean it out" what-ever that means. So she wanted us to come down on Thur (tomorrow) and have him look at it.
Today it looks less red, but is still draining a ton.
The good news is her fever has been gone all day yesterday and all day today, until tonight. The fever tonight got to about 100.3 and I was able to bring it down in an hour or two with the air conditioner (swamp cooler) and fan blowing on her.
I'm hoping it's kind of like a sinus infection...when it starts getting better and starts clearing out, you have drainage like crazy. I would take that as a good sign. Let's hope.
We will see when we meet with the Dr. tomorrow.
She is still in a lot of pain, which means she gets lots of pain meds, which means she is sleeping non-stop, which means she is holding her urine, which means when she does go it is crazy wet everywhere.
To summarize: Increased discharge, see Dr. Thur, fever gone?, increased pain, increased pain meds, sleeping all day from pain meds.
1 comment:
When I "clean out" a wound. It usually means back to the OR to open it up and then pulse lavage the heck out of it with a saline and/or antibiotic solution. The pulse lavage is kind of like a big super soaker that sprays water out at a high pressure. It helps to get rid of all the dirty, infected tissue and decrease the chance of infection.
Post a Comment