Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Roz wants some tests run

Roz is having us to a nose swab to test for MRSA (antibiotic resistant bugs) and VRP (viral respiratory panel).

I get the MRSA test...but why the VRP? She doesn't have a cold.

I guess I'm frustrated with Roz because she didn't mention any of these tests (swabs and bloodwork) to me while she was in here...then all of a sudden the nurse is wanting to do all of these things. Which is fine to do them, but it should be communicated to the parent/patient...not just the nurse.

They also did bloodwork...
sodium low
Creatinine low
Calcium low
Everything else was normal.

Until they get the results back from the MRSA tests, etc...the nurses and everyone have to wear gowns, gloves and masks.

She is sleeping now. Earlier she was in pain and they gave her morphine in her IV.

Earlier today I wasn't as stressed about everything as I am right now. Maybe it's because I just missed 1 out of 5 on one of my online homework quizzes...that totally stresses me out. I think I need some icecream.

4 comments:

Jennifer Adams said...

Agreed. Dr. needs to communicate that with you. It would bug me too. I have found some medical areas are not good communicating with parents. I have to remind them, they get testy, I tactfully, calmly "stand my ground".

Becca said...

I hope you got some ice cream! Oh boy, what a ride. I hope everything goes better.

mstans said...

No--I was good and did not go down and get icecream, but it was hard. (However, I had eaten a snickers bar, several granola bars and a tapioca pudding earlier in the day...so how much more damage would icecream have done?) These trips to the hospital kill my healthy eating and weight loss goals.

Amy said...

You're right, doc needs to communicate with parent/patient and then the nurse.

Sorry about your quiz, but good job on no more extra sweets. At least you said no to the ice cream!