More of the same...infection, drainage, pain meds, sleepy. No improvements. Fevers are up to 99 F.
We go to the Dr. Mon and surgery on Tues. I'm glad...because we can't stay like this. She is miserable. The pain meds are not enough...I think I will call and see if we can up her dose on anything. She can't make it from one dose until the next without moaning and writhing in pain.
Ellie has a really high pain tolerance, so this must be REALLY bad.
I normally hate it when people say "poor thing" in reference to Ellie because she is happy/content most of the time. I think that the majority of the time she doesn't feel like she was jipped in this life, she knows she is fulfilling her purpose. So it's not "poor thing"...meaning look at how hard her life is and how much she is missing out on.
But in this case where she is in so much pain..."POOR THING!"
2 comments:
Oh no Mikael! I've said that before referencing Ellie. But I mean it in the way you've described; that she is a sweet, pure, stong, capable, smart girl and that I'm sorry she's suffering. Sorry I caused you to be angry inside. :/
No Amy, I don't ever remember you saying "poor thing" and if you have I wasn't offended. It is more older ladies in the ward who will come up to her when she is perfectly healthy and say "poor thing" to me and or right in front of Ellie. I think it's fine to say "poor thing" when she is sick, just not when she is healthy. If that makes any sense at all. And even when the older ladies say it...I don't get offended, I just think, "You have no idea what you are missing out on if that is the way you view Ellie."
Post a Comment