Saturday, September 1, 2012

Off we go

We started the antibiotics Tues night. On Thur her fever seemed better than it had been...but not completely normal. But I thought yea, the antibiotics are kicking in and she has turned the corner.

Well today we are back to fevers. Tonight her fever was 101. we tried cooling her down with rags in ice water and the AC and fan blowing on her. We got it down to the high 97's (several hours later).

She just hasn't been doing as well today. She has been sleepy, in more pain, and slightly more discharge from the infection site.

I am fairly certain we will be taking her down to Primary's tomorrow. At least it's a long weekend, right? (that makes it easier to find babysitters---AKA Daddy!).

In the morning I will call down and talk to the orthopedic surgeon on call. But I can tell you what he's going to say. "Bring her in".

I'm assuming that she will be admitted. They will run IV antibiotics and keep an eye on her for a few days. Then we will more than likely come home with a PICC line (A longer term IV than a regular IV).

No Fun! At all! In any way shape or form!

No comments: