Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Roz and her minions

Roz and her Minions came by. They said that the things growing from the drainage were consistent with bowel (poop/pee) stuff. Which I think is good...at least it's not Staph or something really bad. She is still on 2 broad spectrum IV antibiotics because the stuff growing is broad (not specific). If something specific grows out, then they will change the meds.

Both Roz and Dr. Klatt assure me that it is nothing I did wrong as to why it got infected, but it is still hard not to blame yourself. "I could have gotten up every 20 minutes during the night to see if she peed" (I'm totally overexaggerating and joking). But her wound did get pee on it more than once. It is hard where she holds her pee and then bolus' (dumps). and it goes everywhere.

I asked when they thought We could go home, they said that was up to orthopedics. Orthopedics said tomorrow would be fine as long as she is doing well.

The nurse and I asked Roz why thy ran the VRP? They said, we didn't order that. So, basically they did that test for nothing. Not too big of a deal, but it still amazes me how often orders and meds and things get messed up.

So because they never ordered the VRP, the people can stop wearing masks when they come in the room...they still have to wear gowns until the MRSA comes back with final results.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Scary about the little mistakes and miscommunications...a little unsettling.

Another funny title post!