You usually don't think people are happy to be in ICU...but we are. Yea! Out of the tiny room in ED. When she is really sick I like to be in ICU...there the nurse to patient ratio is 1:1 or 1:2. The nurses are better. You get attention faster. And they have free slushies.
There is a teeny tiny baby next to Ellie and Ellie loves hearing it cry. (She has always loved babies crying).
We are in my least favorite bed spot. Bed 15. Dun...dun...dun. I bet some of you know exactly which bed spot I'm talking about. It is where she was for 2.5 months when she was 6 months old and came down with airborne infant botulism. She was completely paralyzed. She was intubated and on a ventilator for the majority of the time. She came home with a trach and vent and g-tube. It was her first real hospital stay (other than 11 days at U of U when she was first born) and her first surgeries. Coming home with a trach and vent and having to have 24 hour supervision and having night nurses come in, etc...etc...It all happened in this awful bed spot.
Also...more good news...there is no parent bed in this spot. It is in the old section of ICU where the rooms are smaller. They now do let parents spend the night in ICU...but only when they can come up with accommodations. Which apparently isn't tonight.
1 comment:
Sounds like lots of memories and emotions connected to that spot. Sorry. And double sorry about no bed for you.
I think that is so cool how Ellie likes to hear babies cry. I bet she probably understands a lot of what their cries mean. And since she is an angel herself, she can empathize with the little babe. So sweet.
Post a Comment