Saturday, May 5, 2012

Awake all day

I seriously think the Dr.'s here are going to think I'm a hypochondriac.

She has been awake ALL DAY today.  She started getting a little sleepy around 4 PM.  But I played with her and she stayed awake.

She has also done a much better job of regulating her body temps today.  (No really low dips).

However, Ellie is going to have to sue me for a misdiagnosis.  The rehab Dr. insists that it is NOT a baclofen overdose.  After talking with her I see what she is saying.  But if it's not that...then what is it?

So now I'm back to Sodium.  I asked for her actual numbers and what the normal range is.  Yesterday while sleepy her sodium was 138.  The normal range is 137-146.  She was at the lower end of normal.  Today while awake she was 143.  So I am trying to convince them that she needs to be within her own range of normal to function properly (like my friend Jennifer A's daughter does).  But they aren't buying it.  They are insisting if you are within their normal range then you are normal.  Dr. Murphy (the Dr. that manages Jennifer A's sodium problems) won't be in until Monday.

How did you discover it, or convince Dr.'s, Jennifer?

We are now on the floor.

The other major development today is dealing with her puberty, growth and development.  I have decided to post these type of updates on a separate page, since it is personal and private.  I want the information to be out there for other special needs parents who might be considering or going through the same thing.  But the rest of you don't have to read them if you don't want to.  So at the top of the blog is a tab called "growing up".





1 comment:

Amy said...

Frustration. Period.