She was awake all night long, even with taking her sleeping pill.
Then she slept all morning until noon. She has been awake since noon.
I didn't notice that she was still awake (because I was asleep) until 3 AM. By then it was too late. If I would have noticed at 11 or 12 I could have asked for another 1/4 of a sleeping pill. (she only gets a 1/4 to start with, but she can have up to a full pill).
Endocrinology stopped by. They think perhaps we need to go up on her estrogen. She thought her regular endocrinologist may want to do a bone age scan (x-ray of her hand to see if the growth plates have fused). For more details see the Growing up tab at the top. All hormone, thyroid, cortisol tests came back normal. She does not think that the low body temps are hormonal (like the pituitary can't produce whatever it produces).
The Dr.'s rounded. They don't want to make any changes today. To see how she does. Then tomorrow they are going to try and get together with all of the specialists to figure out what is going on. Today's goal is to keep Ellie awake so she can get back on her regular sleep/awake cycle. That is a tough goal for Ellie. If she doesn't go to sleep tonight then they have authorized us to give more sleeping pill to make her go to sleep.
I keep mentioning the sodium to each and every Dr. and they have never heard of it. (A smaller normal range for sodium in order to operate properly). I may just have to talk to Dr. Murphy when we get out of here.
1 comment:
This reminds me of when babies get their days and nights mixed up and how it can be tough to get them switched back. Luckily you have the aid of the sleeping pill. Can't give those to a baby.
Post a Comment