I have 2 pieces of good news...
#1) She uses a choice making program at school called speaking dynamically pro. We write the program and it allows her to make choices. She can control it with sensors on her face which control the mouse (this system is called eagle eyes). Or it will advance through the choices and she can hit a switch when it gets to what she wants. Or she can advance it with one switch and choose with another switch. Anyway, the program alone is $750. We have switches, but would also need the mounting devices to mount the switches by her head. We would need 2 and they are $250 each. I have asked for some of her DSPD funds (the same money that pays for our respite worker) to be used to purchase these (as medical equipment). It got approved and they are ordered. They also have to get insurance and medicaid to deny them before they will pay. And guess what...insurance and/or medicaid are going to pay for part of them (I'm not sure which). To be honest I don't care who is paying for it. I'm just so excited she will be getting them.
#2) She has been awake for a few hours now. This morning we only gave her 1/4 of a seizure pill. It looked like it was going to be a smiley zombie day...but wah-lah...she has some eye-bulbs (that's what my kids call them). I took the O2 off about 1/2 an hour ago and so far so good.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your new "toys" Ellie! That will be so fun to have at home, and not just at school. Sweeeet!
Post a Comment