Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Infection-dun-dun-dun

Her incision is infected. She has been running a fever up to the high 99's for a few days and this morning up to 100.3.

It is also draining some yellowish stuff.

Bleck.

We called the Dr. yesterday and he had me email him some pics. Then he called in an oral (g-tube) antibiotic that we are supposed to give 4 times a day.

She has also been having seizures like CUH-RAY-ZEE! Like a few an hour. They are mostly less than a minute and they don't make her tired, so that's good I guess. Hopefully once the antibiotic kicks in the seizures will go down.

I am of course blaming my self because of that first night she was home when she peed all over it. But it's too late now. We are going to take care of the problem and hopefully remember for next time.

It could have happened anyway, but special needs Moms (and maybe Dads-I don't know) are really god at trying to berate themselves and feel like they did something wrong. It just comes with the territory. I am getting better at shaking it off and realizing that things happen and you just roll with it. Even if it was my fault, it doesn't matter, because it is in the past. So now you just have to deal with it.

2 comments:

Jennifer Adams said...

I agree. So sorry the infection happened.

Amy said...

Don't blame yourself Mikael. You know you are awesome at caring and looking out for Ellie. It's a simple mistake and luckily it's bacteria so antibiotics are on the job. Those are much easier to deal with. It's going to be ok.