They are doing a spontaneous trial on the vent (while intubated) to see if she's breathing at all on her own.
They will probably try extubating and going straight to her bi-pap mask at about 9:30 PM.
At some point during the night they will slowly restart feeds. She has very quiet bowel sounds right now (bowels are not active yet.) You don't want to restart feeds until your bowels are working or you risk aspiration (fluid going back up into lungs).
She has still been asleep...all day long!
The incision is not quite as large as I thought. It doesn't go all the way to her neck, it is down a few inches. but it does go all the way down to her pelvis. I can't actually see the incision it has a large bandage on it. There is no blood soaking through the bandage, which is great!
Overall for how much she was beat up today I think she's doing good. I wish she was a little more awake...but if she was, she would just be in pain.
No comments:
Post a Comment