We are 24 hours post-op.
She really still hasn't woken up. She is getting pain meds which is probably knocking her out. I'm OK with it and so are the Dr.'s. We just need time to allow the swelling, pain, bleeding, healing, fluid, fever, etc to get better. So if she was awake she would just be in pain. So right now at least she's not in pain. (hopefully).
The bad news is I'm already bored, bored, bored and we're only 24 hours in.
I had heard that Huntsman Cancer Institute has a really good bistro. So I decided to walk up there. You can get there from Primary's all of the way indoors through various corridors and hallways. It took a good 20 minutes to walk there. It was really yummy and had phenomenol views of the city. (You couldn't see the temple though). It was good just to get away for a bit.
For other parents...go to Primary's 4th floor (South end). Take the bridgeway over to the U. From the bridgeway you can also go to the Moran eye center (which also has a lunch place---I might try there tomorrow). When you exit the bridgeway you can also go to the cafeteria at the U. The U has a different restaurant come in each day. Then to get the Huntsman...ask people and follow the signs. It is a little tricky, but people are helpful. The restaurant at Huntsman is only open from 11-2 and is called "The Point". My salad was about $7.50. They have salads (and a salad bar), soups, sandwiches, smoothies, and different daily specials so today was shrimp tacos, pulled pork salad or BBQ sandwich, etc... And they have yummy looking cookies, cakes and pies. I'm not sure, but I think there may be a different restaurant open at Huntsman that is open other than lunch hours, but I'm not sure.
2 comments:
Thanks for the info. I understand the bored feeling. Sometimes I feel like I have cabin fever. Hang in there you two... and the whole family!
Maybe we should have a Deafblind Mom's lunch up there. ;) What are your hobbies? Any of them hospital-friendly? If it were me, I'd start writing a book... mine would be fantasy, but you could write one on Ellie. ;) Did you already journal your recent trip? I once dragged my sewing machines up there and sewed stuff in the corner of her room. You'll figure it out. :)
Post a Comment