Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Puffy? I don't think so...not in my house!

She had a good night.  She only had tylenol yesterday (after the toridol) and no pain meds during the night.  But this morning she needed lortab.  So we probably need to give her something during the night so she doesn't wake up in pain.

She is still puffy from IV fluids but woke up to an enormously wet bed I guess I should have thought of that too.  It is normally contained within her brief, but not last night.  It went all up her back and on her stitches.  Whoops. Not exactly what I wanted to happen on the first day back.  But too late now.  At least she's getting rid of the extra IV fluids.

I just wiped it off with a bed bath sponge (she can get the steri-strips wet, but cannot soak them (bath)).  Now I will put neosporin on it and hope it kills any bacteria.  The Dr. only said not to soak them in the bath...he didn't say anything about soaking them in bodily fluids...so that should be OK...right??!?!?  (I'm totally joking).  It's terrible, but it's too late now.  So we'll just see what happens.

No comments: