So we have been on the amoxicillan for the ear infection, cipro for the snot culture and nystatin for the thrush.
She has been off oxygen for a day or 2 now. SHe is doing pretty well. She is awake and alert all day long.
She still has a cough, her heart rate is still high (90's-130's)and she is still spiking fevers in the 99's.
She as definitely improved, but she is not getting better as fast as she sometimes does. Usually as soon as we start antibiotics she is acting completely better within a day or 2.
Millie and Tabitha both had a little stomach bug, so I thought maybe she just caught that as well.
THe ER just called and said they got her test results back. Her snot grew psedemonas. I think that psedemonas is becoming her arch enemy. She has had a few times over the course of this winter.
The ER said that cipro is an intermediate antibiotic to this strain. Meaning that it is pretty good, but not the best. I am going to try and convince them to switch to the best considering she still has a lot of the symptoms.
She is still doing really well, don't be worried about her. Her sats are staying up, she is maintaining her body temp most of the time, she is awake and alert. I will take a pic of her and post it for everyone to see how good she looks.
No comments:
Post a Comment