Well we made it to the floor about Noon. We got a nice room. THere are only a few that have their own shower in the room, and we got one!!! (You can see you get excited over little things in the hospital)
Anyway there were rumors that we will be going home tomorrow, but I wouldn't pass that rumor on. I think it will be THurs instead. Maybe tomorrow, but more likely Thurs.
All blood and urine work is still clean.
She is still happy, good temp, good color, good vitals.
She had kind of a rash tonight before I left so they were going to give her benadryl.
Still her trach site looks better and lymph node looks smaller. But groin shows no improvement. They are keeping her on IV antibiotics.
Today they did no new tests. It was a really boring day. Ellie and I slept off and on all day because we were so tired from the night before.
THey sent in nutrition because our she (nutritionist) had previously had us adding a potassium based salt called "Lite Salt" to her daily formula for her electrolytes. Since her potassium was high I asked if we should hold the lite salt. The nutritionist didn't think it was related, but agreed to take her off of it. Instead we will be adding regular salt to her formula.
The other Dr. that came by today was ENT. They wanted to consult to see if maybe she had a fistula (spell check) which would be a tubular opening from her trachea to her trach scar. He said it sounds likely that she does. They would have to go in and surgically fix it. (make an incision then overlap the muscles). He thought the trach site looked good and it doesn't sound like he would be inclined to go in and fix anything at this point.
I (Mikael) ran home this evening (thanks for the ride Dad) to celebrate Tabitha's 1st birthday.
I will be headed back down to the hospital in an hour or two.
4 comments:
I am sorry you guys are back up there, but I hope this time they get to the bottom of things. They can send you home on IV antibiotics if they do a picc line. The meds are in a ball that self-doses and all you have to do is attach it and fluch afterwards.
Hang in there and let me know if you need some adult company.
I bet you and Ellie get tired of the hospital. But it's good if the docs can figure out what doing on with sweet Ellie. Hope you'll both be home soon. Dorothy said it best when she said. "There's no place like home."
You two are both so awesome to me. Love you dearly Mikael and Ellie.
Thanks for sharing your blog with me. :) You sound like an amazing mom and advocate for Ellie. Someday we should play the PCMC 'do you know who I know' game. I'll bet we've got at least a few doctors in common! Hopefully you and Ellie can get home soon!
-Allison
We'vehad a picc line and home IV antibiotics before. Now they have discontinued all antibiotics as of Wed.
Post a Comment