Wed mroning she woke up and had a stuffy nose. ALl day she kept gagging. When she got home from school she was grinding her teeth, which usually means that she has an ear infection.
Her regular Dr. doesn't work on Thursdays. SO I knew I couldn't take her in the next day. We decided to take her to instacare. SHe had an ear infection in the Right ear and a sinus infection. She was gagging on the sinus infectin draining. Wasn't she so smart to know she had an ear infection??? Anyway, we started her on antibiotics that night.
Yesterday she was still gagging in the morning, but by afternoon she had stopped. She seemed to be doing a little better.
THis morning at 6 Jason got up and he promptly woke me up. Her heart rate was 180 and she was hyperventilating. Her forehead temp was 102. SHe might have been having a small seizure. We stripped her down and put her in the tub and ran lukewarm water over her. Her o2 was in the low 80's so we put oxygen on her. I was able to suction ut a bunch of light green/yellow gunk out of her throat. After a while of that we decided to check her temperature again, this time rectally. It was 106. Not 100.6 but 106 F. Her heartrate was still in the 180's.
We called the ambulance and went to the ER. In the ER her rectal temp was 102.
They did blood, urine, snot samples and chest x-ray. THe chest x-ray showed a possible pnemonia on the right. Which I wouldn't be surprised at-with all the gunk she was choking on.
Her temp gradually came down as did her heart rate. She is not back to normal, but they did send us home. It might have even broken the record for the shortest ER visit ever at 1.5-2 hours. Ogden Regional ER is a lot faster than McKay Dee ER. I think just because it's not as big. On the downside I wonder if because they are slower, maybe they don't have as much experience?!?!? But they are very attentive and fast and they listen to the parents!
Right now her temp is 98 F (still warm for her), her heart rate is 130, her sats are 95% with 3 liters of o2. She is sleepy, I think she ran a marathon this morning.
I am really fighting the urge right now to bundle her up. It is so weird to see her just in her diaper and not under a bunch of blankets.
3 comments:
Poor girl, hope she catches a break soon.
Mrs. Organic-that's the last thing we need-a broken bone!!!!
Cute joke Mikael! I bet Ellie did feel like she had run a marathon. Exhausting!
Post a Comment