We had to go back up to 26/14 on her vent settings. That is OK. She is just not ready to wean yet. We are in this for the long haul.
Music Therapy came in, Ellie was kind of out of it and just staring off and then she started grimacing. I think she was in pain/uncomfortable. She is really good at disassociating herself when she doesn't like what is going on. We gave her some morphine.
I hope that's all it is and it is not a seizure or shunt or something else.
The first few days she had one pupil bigger than the other (that has happened before). Today she was going cross-eyed (I have never seen that). Hopefully she is just not feeling well.
If I were to make a "Top10 Inventions I Wish Exsisted" it would definitely include a tricorder from Star Trek! (For Non-Trekkies...the tricorder can scan your body and tell you what is wrong with a person)
It is extremely difficult to determine what is going on with a person if they are non-verbal. I do my best, but it truly is hard, if I'm being honest. I pretend to know what I'm talking about, but most of the time it is an educated guess.
She is still needing insulin, but BG is within normal range (as long as we continue insulin). But this also means we are doing a finger-stick EVERY SINGLE HOUR to check her BG. Once again...where is the tri-corder?

No comments:
Post a Comment