Saturday, February 23, 2019

Raise settings---Sat 2/23/19---9 PM (Post #43)

We extubated and went straight to her home bipap settings of 16/8 with a rate of 12 at about 1:25 PM.

She is satting great.  But is retracting a little and using her stomach to breathe more than anyone would like.

We increased her bipap setting back up to 20/10.

She is not happy with the bipap mask and her throat is sore from the breathing tube.

I think she will be OK overnight.  I don't think we will have to reintubate.  But I also don't think she's doing great, so it wouldn't surprise me if we do have to reintubate.  I am leaning toward we won't have to.  We will have to wait and see.

The charge nurse said she might move us back over to the PICU overflow if they "get crowded".  I think if she says we are doing that I will make sure she has talked to her Dr.'s.  I do not feel like she is in a stable place right now.  And ya, they are crowded...hello...there are no bed spaces and they have a PICU overflow.

Once again, she is doing good with her sats....I just don't love that we had to go to such high pressures right away.  She really seemed to do better breathing being intubated.

Spiritual thought


Medical Memes








1 comment:

Amy said...

Sweet Ellie belly girl... 😘♥️🥰